– Submitted by David Bates, Vice President, Office Channel Programs, Xerox Corporation
Small businesses are often hit hardest in an economic downturn, and staying positive can be especially challenging. We are out to create a little fun and put the right tools in the hands of SMBs to help them cut costs, stand out among the competition and bounce back stronger than ever. To celebrate National Small Business Week, we are hosting a weeklong event on Twitter via the @XeroxOffice, called the “140 Character Plea” contest. Each day during May 24-28, @XeroxOffice will post a contest targeted at small businesses. To enter, U.S. SMBs can plead their case with a Twitter-friendly response for a chance to win Xerox color printing products. Twitter entries will be collected and judged each day and a winner will be announced the following morning for each contest:
- 5/24 – Send a Twitpic of the marketing piece you’re embarrassed to give to customers
- 5/25 – Submit a video or photo showing how your office is drowning in paper
- 5/26 – Nominate another Twitter user who deserves a new printer
- 5/27 – Tell us why you are an office hero
- 5/28 – Best 140-character rhyme about a business process that is sucking productivity
We encourage all SMBs to enter! Please visit the @XeroxOffice TwitWall site for the official rules and additional information about the contest. We look forward to seeing your entries, and if you have other great printing stories to share, we’d love to hear those too!