By Matt Raab
Printers hold the keys to the way you work, especially if you are digitizing or automating business-critical processes. And, since paper continues to be effective for certain work processes and customer requirements, the question remains: How do you make the physical world intersect with digital?
That’s exactly why Xerox created more apps for ConnectKey technology-enabled printers, including the Xerox VersaLink and Xerox AltaLink product families. Targeted to general business use as well as the education market, these newest additions make labor-intense, time-consuming work processes easier.
Meet the newest apps that will make your printer a trailblazer for your company’s digital transformation.
Trailblazing printer apps
The Xerox App Gallery: Xerox ConnectKey technology transforms the experience of how people work. A proven technology solution, ConnectKey helps collaborators communicate, connect and work from anywhere.
News about ConnectKey: Articles in this blog describe how ConnectKey and apps from Xerox transform your paper-based work processes, and help you keep your information secure.
Printer apps for any size business
Cloud-connected and mobile-ready, our multifunction printers (MFPs) have moved far beyond traditional print functions. Today, they act as workplace assistants to deliver a more productive workplace. The newest apps continue to address evolving business requirements, including:
- Xerox Connect App for Salesforce: Access Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management system at your MFP. Upload and share sales management information to client folders when you scan your documents directly into Salesforce.
- Xerox Audio Documents App: Securely transform hardcopy documents into audio files so that you can listen, instead of read. This app can help visually impaired people, as well as commuters, multi-taskers, or anyone who simply wants to rest their eyes.
- Xerox Connect App for QuickBooks Online*: A hassle-free expense reimbursement process with multi-receipt scanning. Data from the receipts is extracted into an expense report that can be submitted to reviewers for timely approval. For organizations that use Concur’s expense-reporting platform, a similar receipt management app is on its way.*
- Xerox Forms Manager App: Simplify management of multiple forms while reducing paper-based filing risks. Intelligent routing capabilities via embedded QR codes enables scanned forms to be automatically sent to the appropriate email address.
Apps help transform education sector
Many K-12 and higher education institutions struggle to find ways to merge existing paper-based processes into their digital systems quickly and accurately. The result is extra costs and lower productivity. When schools can streamline back-office tasks, meet government mandates and better manage student data and performance, then teachers spend less time on administrative tasks and more time on students, ultimately improving academic outcomes.
Xerox’s newest apps respond directly to this opportunity, and can help recover time and expenses that go to classrooms.
- Xerox Connect App for Blackboard: Provides access to the industry-leading learning management system; documents are digitized and stored into a Blackboard account from the ConnectKey devices.
- Xerox and SRC Inc.’s Gateway Capture to Student Information System: Streamlines digitizing student records into mandatory K-12 information systems.
- Xerox Connect App for Remark Test Grading: Simplifies creation of bubble tests and automates grading with the ability to email or print results directly from the device.
- Xerox Proofreader Service*: checks for writing elements in English language, such as spelling, grammar, style and plagiarism.
A more productive workplace
Physical paper documents continue to be a “must-have” for many critical functions. But paper doesn’t always merge well with digital workflows and business processes. Xerox works at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds, so that your printer can be the digital trailblazer it is meant to be.
* Xerox Proofreader Service, QuickBooks Online and Concur will be available by the end of the year. The other apps are available in the Xerox App Gallery now.