By Kevin Walsh, senior vice president and managing director, Eligibility and Insurance Exchange Services, Government Healthcare Solutions, Xerox
It’s been a month since the ACA-mandated health insurance exchanges went live, and Americans in every state are closely watching their progress. A lot of attention has been paid to the Federal site, HealthCare.gov, but there are other stories worth sharing. At Xerox, we’ve been focused on state implementations – the health insurance marketplace in Nevada, and call centers and other business process outsourcing functions in Kentucky, New Mexico and other states.
I’m pleased to say, those states have been running with few technical troubles since opening week, and they are executing on the goal of the Affordable Care Act: increasing access to quality, affordable health coverage for millions of people.
Here’s a snapshot of interactions with citizens across some of the states in which we’re working:
- 228,598 unique visitors to NevadaHealthLink.com *
- A total of 15,556 applications have been started *
- Single Streamline Application page topped 2 million total page views *
- 27,278 total calls to the Nevada Health Link customer care center *
- 345,215 unique visitors to kynect.ky.gov **
- A total of 59,271 applications have been started **
- 97,128 total calls to the kynect contact center *
New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange
- 4,108 calls logged by the Exchange’s bilingual call center, 1-855-99NMHIX *
We’re working closely with these and other states to ensure their systems are user-friendly and enable consumers to quickly and easily get the information they need to make health insurance purchasing decisions.
* Data as of October 30
** Data as of October 29