By Wendi Latko
If you included “save more energy” on your list of New Year’s resolutions, Xerox can help. These tips will not only reduce your personal energy bill; they also contribute energy savings all the way down the supply chain. Responsible practices in your office are good for you, good for your business, and good for our planet.
- Ban the Banner: Set your print driver to use a watermark stamp, or to print your ID in the margins, instead of printing a cover page.
- Paper Has Two Sides: Set your print driver default settings to duplex.
- Draft Mode Saves Toner: When you don’t require high-quality output, draft mode uses less toner – and it stretches your print cartridge’s life.
- Read Your Screen: “Soft” proof from your screen before you print hard copy.
Responsible Printing Tips: This PDF shows you how to set print preferences to reduce waste and improve efficiency.
- Turn to Tools: Use document management solutions to share common templates, tools, and digital workflows.
- Digitize, Don’t Drive: No one has ever had to drive a digital document to their records retention center.
Document Management Solutions: Whether it’s in paper, digital or both, our document solutions and services help you get maximum information value while streamlining document processes.
- Personalization Works: Moreover, you’ll probably use fewer prints when you personalize your message.
Production Printing: Our advanced digital printing technology and services enable the right printing applications to grow your business and boost your profits.
- Set a Goal: An audit will help you understand your current energy usage so that you can set energy reduction goals with your employees.
- Refresh and Optimize: Old printers use more energy. So does having too many printers.
Assess and Optimize: Xerox can help you understand the full scope of your print environment across both Xerox and non-Xerox devices.
- Look for the Label: Energy Star and EPEAT labels tell you that your printers and multifunction printers are energy efficient.
Eco-label and Product Registry: Many Xerox products meet or exceed the requirements of the world’s most widely-recognized certifications for product environmental performance — the international ENERGY STAR, UL’s EcoLogo eco labels, and Germany’s Blue Angel.