– Submitted by Jim Joyce, senior vice president, Xerox Enterprise Print Services
Today’s Wall Street Journal article on print outsourcing says that Gartner believes Xerox is still the market leader in managed print services (MPS). We’re happy to confirm that according to last week’s Gartner report of MPS revenues worldwide in 2008, Xerox stands proud as the leader in a market we pioneered.
MPS is an I.T.-based services offering that is enabled by technology; both Xerox and non-Xerox technology. Clients make decisions on services offerings based on credibility of the team they are working with, and the trust they can put in one firm over the other to deliver the desired results. Our people continue to shine in this competition because of their dedication, commitment and constant desire to learn and grow.
We will build on our base and protect and enhance our market position. This year we raised the bar with several market-changing milestones:
- Launched Enterprise Print Services, making Xerox the first vendor to embrace all elements of an organization’s output infrastructure – from the networked office to the in-house print center to the virtual worker.
- Extended MPS to small and mid-sized businesses with Xerox Print Services’ global network of channel partners who now have the flexibility to build their own branded capabilities, supported by Xerox technology, software and supplies.
- Reached the milestone of 1.5 million devices monitored from multiple vendors worldwide this year – the most for any MPS provider. This means companies like The Dow Chemical Company, EMC, Procter & Gamble and Reuters get more out of their existing global print infrastructure and benefit from a consistent approach regardless of size or location.
Stayed tuned for more game changing announcements next year, and congratulations to everyone on what we have accomplished so far….
– Jim Joyce, senior vice president, Xerox Enterprise Print Services